Recently we tried Caml.NET in our project. Since it is obviously step forward in caml queries creation, it has its own disadvantages. Vladimir Timashkov recently made a post in his blog where he summarized some issues of Sharepoint. One of them is about SPQuery creation – it has no friendly development interface currently. So in order to improve this situation we decided to implement an alternative way to create SPQueries – via lambda expressions. The new project name is Camlex.NET (caml via expressions). It is located in http://camlex.codeplex.com (not published yet – i.e. visible only for contributors).
Me and Vladimir are coordinators of the project. In the further posts I will notify about project status.