If you use TypeMock isolator for writing unit tests (which is great library for mocking from my point of view) and ReSharper to make user experience in Visual Studio better (which is another great tool :) ) then you may face with the following problem when try to run unit tests in ReSharper test runner: tests will fail with the following error
*** Typemock Isolator is currently disabled. Enable using the following:
* Within Visual Studio:
- Use Typemock Smart Runner
- For other runners, Choose Typemock Menu and click "Integrate with Other Runners"
* To run Typemock Isolator as part of an automated process you can:
- run tests via TMockRunner.exe command line tool
- use 'TypeMockStart' tasks for MSBuild or NAnt
For more information consult the documentation (see 'Running Unit Tests in an Automated Build')
This error will be still there even if “Integrate with other runners” option will be checked in Typemock menu:
In order to fix this problem do the following:
1. Go to TypeMock installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Typemock\Isolator\x.x) and create or edit knownRunners.dat file there
2. In this file add process name of ReSharper unit tests runner on separate line: for ReSharper 2020 it will be “ReSharperTestRunner64c.exe”.
In order to know process name of the runner - run unit tests with it, find it in Process Explorer (if runner was ran from Visual Studio it will be shown under Visual Studio process tree) > right click > Properties > copy exe file name.
After that run unit tests with TypeMock in ReSharper test runner – they should work now.